Whether you work in front of a computer all day or take to the road, music helps to move things along. While I'm not the kind of person that can listen to music and concentrate on research or writing at the same time, I definitely turn up the volume to get those small to-do's accomplished.
I love Pandora on my phone. I depend on Sirius XM in the car. And I adore Spotify on my computer. But the mixes are getting seriously old. Sometimes I really need a long string of jams to help get me through days when I'm feeling less than inspired.
So I've pulled together my favorite girl power tunes into one list. Warning: some are NSFW, so keep a set of headphones nearby.
And, yes, Beyonce is on here twice. Cause seriously who's more boss than Beyonce?
20 girl boss jams to get you through your day
- Don't Wanna Fight by Alabama Shakes
- Shoop by Salt-N-Pepa
- Flawless by Beyonce
- I'm a Lady by Santigold
- Yoga by Janelle Monae
- Escapade by Janet Jackson
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston
- Glamorous by Fergie
- Work by Iggy Azalea
- Feeling Myself by Nicki Minaj
- 7/11 by Beyonce
- Only Girl (in the world) by Rihanna
- Gunpowder and Lead by Miranda Lambert
- Bad Blood by Taylor Swift
- Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
- Like a Prayer by Madonna
- Merry Happy by Kate Nash
- Chandelier by Sia
- Shake it Off by Florence and the Machine
- America's Sweetheart by Elle King